Monday, April 29, 2013

Today was my first day going it alone.  And it is 4:27 and I'm starving.  So starving I just made a peanut butter sandwich.  Don't worry, I haven't gone over my amount today.
*Italics indicate food that was not consumed

Here's the original plan:
Breakfast
1 cup milk  $0.18
1 cup cereal $0.14

Lunch
1 egg $0.13
Mayo $0.05
2 slices bread (wheat) $0.10
1/2 Banana $0.12

Dinner
2 hot dogs $0.13 ($1.00 package divided by 8 = roughly $0.13 per dog)
rice and veg $0.25
corn $0.20

For a grand total of $1.35 for the day.

My plan:

I skipped breakfast, because I don't to eat in the morning, though I did steal about a handful of cheerios (the cereal that was purchased for the challenge) from my kids' bowls. 

For lunch, I didn't enjoy the banana, only eating the sandwich.  This left room for the PB sandwich I just ate.  I also had the milk that would have gone with the cereal with the sandwich.  The PB sandwich would cost me approximately $0.24, which is about what the cereal and banana would have cost me.  Dinner is still on track as is, so that should not change the outcome.

I do still have about $0.15 left if I get hungry.  Though I don't know what I could eat with that.  Maybe a slice of toast with some butter?  But I don't know.  Perhaps that 1/2 banana that I'm hiding away from my children...

I must say, my brain is not functioning.  Simple math problems that I could usually do in my head are harder, even after just one day.  Sad really, but the truth.  I'm very cranky and I've started to develop a migraine.  I also have no get up and go, which is why I chose PB as a snack, as it is a good source of protein. 

I've been drinking a ton of water to stay full, but it is repeating on my a bit.  Too much liquid, not enough solid I guess. 

Onward and upward, lovies!

Follow me on twitter @camp3082

No comments:

Post a Comment