Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 1...



Today was day one of eating on the challenge.  Here was our menu for the day:

Breakfast
Cereal with Milk
Lunch
Egg Salad sandwich
½ banana




Dinner
Hot Dog Noodle Soup

 

Here’s how I made the soup:
Ingredients
2 packages Ramen Noodles, beef flavor
1 cup canned peas
4 Turkey hot dogs, sliced
Directions
Prepare noodles according to package directions.  Add hot dogs and peas and allow to simmer until warm.

Thoughts for the day
I did not eat breakfast today, but the kids and my husband did.  They ate their normal breakfast, so it wasn’t much of a switch.
For lunch, it was odd not to have side dishes.  Normally, we’ll have some canned pineapple or peaches as well as some sort of treat like chips.  Today we just had the sandwich and a half of a banana.  It felt odd, but I ate slow and drank a lot of water to keep me full. 
The dinner menu did not go over so well.  My daughter had two bowls, but she was still hungry.  My 6 year old did not eat the soup, and was scrounging around for food while my husband put my other son to bed.  My 3 year old son did NOT eat dinner.  He’s a picky eater and will only eat certain things.  I’ve been instructed, in the past, by my pediatrician and his service providers that if he skips a meal here and there, he will be OK.  That he will eat when hungry.  So don’t think I am starving him on purpose, he chose not to eat. 
My husband has already said that the experiment is over.  But I’m going to try to stick it out till the end of the five days.  I think we can make it.  And we are getting the word out about this project. 
Remember to check my updates on twitter @camp3082. 
Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment