Friday, April 24, 2015

Raindrops and Savings

 
So this is what lovely Mother Nature has in store for me for the next week...
 
 


Isn't she a peach? Well, April Showers and all. 

When I went looking for my youngest child's rain boots, I noticed they had slashes in them.  Don't know how they got there, but they would NOT work for rain.  Also, my daughter came to me complaining her boots - a hand-me-down from a cousin of mine, were too tight. 

Luckily, this week on special, Aldi was selling kids rain boots.  Yeah, I know what you are thinking, cause I was thinking the same thing.  "Doesn't Aldi just sell food?"  Well my good friends and readers, they do not.  They sell a variety of different items.  Just check out their weekly circular here.

So on my shopping trip, I picked up two pair of boots.  The selection was small, and there seemed to only be one size in both boys and girls, but fortunately, that is the size I needed. 


 
(DH is a volunteer firefighter, so it is a requirement to purchase items that are emblazoned with firefighter logos.  Plus, they look cute on my kiddo)
 
 
 
 
The boots are roomy so the kiddos will grow into them.  They seem pretty sturdy, but we'll see how long they last on the Smith Children's feet.  For the price I paid ($9.99 plus tax) even if we get only one season out of them, it was worth it.  Rain boots in regular retail stores or online START at $12 or more.  I realize you get more of a selection, but we are simple folk and look for utility and value, which these boots seem to provide.
 
Plus my daughter looks super cute in hers....
 



No comments:

Post a Comment